On Saturday, May 21st, 2022 at 11:50, I completed my second half marathon. The first, was at sea level, this very time last year. This one, well - it took place at 6,200 elevation with a gain of 1.,658 feet. It took me a total of 2:41:02 with an average pace of 12:17 per mile. At first, I was so bummed with my time, you see - it was a half hour longer than my previous one. Then, immediately realized what I was actually doing…
I was comparing where I was this time last year with where I am today.
Truth is, the woman I was last year, is far from the woman I am today. What has transformed, been processed, birthed, died, solidified, revealed, lived from then until now, has brought me to the closest version of myself.
Where I am, is exactly where I’m meant to be, 30 minutes longer and all.
Because I did my absolute best with the resources I have, here in life right now. What was so motivating about this whole experience is the old thinking version of me would have only focused on the goal I set and the result that was obtained. Throughout this process, what became my guiding light was the awareness I had each and every week, each and every run. I checked in with my body. I listened to my soul. I let myself cry. I let myself run faster. I let myself top although and just sit, taking it all that was around me. For this and the lessons that came, I am forever grateful.
Why did I run this half marathon?
Why am I sharing this with all of you?
How did I prepare?
Photos from my trainings...
From left to right, top to bottom :
1. March 10th - 3 mile run!
2. March 29th - 6 mile push run!
3. April 6th - 7 mile push run!
4. My post run regime - protein packed smoothie and liquid iv!
5. May 21st - My half marathon day!
6. May 21st - Just after half way of running my half marathon, I rounded the corner and there were my people, waiting with coconut water in hand!
7. May 21st - My people surprising me and cheering me on!
8. May 21st - All around our town, my husband and daughter wrote "GO MOM" on the ground! The best surprise ever!
Leave a Reply.