Savannah & Justin's Sunset Mountain Engagement Session: Running Springs, California
Ya’ll I most definitely told you I’ve been photographing my favorite people along the way
and you better believe I’ve been doing so with absolute joy, love and inspiration!
A few weeks ago we were insanely blessed to have our family come from New Zealand.
My husband's sister and her fiancé!
This time, was truly so intentional, so loving, so sincerely supportive, so needed for all of us.
To be with family, to be reminded of connection, to get to be witness to Orion spending time with her auntie,
to finally be together, in this grown, expanded way.
Oh my heart!
While here, it was so important to celebrate their engagement
(of which happened a few months prior while on a magical hike in New Zealand).
We did this through a yummy sunset session at one of the highest peaks in Running Springs.
You can witness, by these very time capsules how fiery their love and connection is
and how complimentary the setting sun was.
The dynamics, damn did they give me us all the feels, bringing these very moments to life!
Curious what makes magical shoots like this come to life?
- Picking a location that is inspirational and reflective of the souls connection.
- Selecting outfits that are complimentary to their styles, bodies and the environment.
- Being okay with "off roading" - the best paths are those that aren't paved.
- Knowing where the light is coming from and where the sun is setting.
- Getting an idea of what they're comfortable with
(Ie : Do they have favorite sides? Are there things they're not okay with?
Or that they always do?)
- Having fun, truly encouraging the subjects to have fun with one another.
- Being present and really paying attention to the subtle reflections that make them, them.
Congrats Savannah and Justin!
I am beyond excited for you!
Leave a Reply.